Bachelor of Theology
Four-year program: 120 credits
Sixteen General Education courses: 48 credits
Twenty-four Bible and Theology: 72 credits
All B.Th. courses are 3 credit hours
The Bachelor of Theology (B.Th.) program is a four-year academic degree for those who are interested in completing an undergraduate degree that will increase their knowledge and effectiveness by developing a more complete biblical and theological understanding. The Bachelor of Theology program provides General Education and Theological training for persons committed to various church, and parachurch ministries. Students can choose from one of the following two emphases to focus their studies: Bible and Theology or Urban Ministry. Upon completion of this program, graduates will be able to demonstrate knowledge of the Bible, interpret Scripture’s original meaning, and apply Scripture to contemporary situations. This will enable graduates to minister within a local church or other group by means of leadership skills, evangelism, and service.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- exhibit creative and critical thinking skills.
- demonstrate effectiveness in oral and written communication.
- understand theological doctrine, proclaiming and living according to the gospel of Christ towards the formation of character and wisdom towards the transformation of the world in the expansion of God’s kingdom.
- critically and constructively apply a Biblical worldview as it relates to various disciplines.
- demonstrate knowledge of the Bible, Christian theology, and church history with the purpose of ministry application.